We took a quick trip down to Chincoteague Island in Virginia to see the wild ponies. The weather was perfect and we did see a lot of wild ponies! There were a lot of different birds
there too including an eagle!
I love what Bro. Branham said about a herd of wild horses:
"I used to do a lot of riding. I've rode many years in round-up and so forth; and I walked into wild horses, and somehow in a few minutes, he'd have his head laid over my shoulder. I'd just put a blanket on him, and walk him around a little while with a blanket on him, then throw the saddle on him,
and the first thing you know, I'd be riding him along. See?
He—he loves you. And if you really love him, he knows it."
56-0814 - Bro. Branham
Our home away from home for the night.....
The view from our tent site.....see the lighthouse?
And yes, at night the light would flash across our tent!
It was beautiful!
Our first siting of wild pones while we drove along in our car.
On one of our walks, there was a sika elk along the path. She wasn't scared of us at all!
This is where the salt water cowboys bring the herds in during roundup. Here is where the vet checks them over to decide who is healthy enough to swim across the channel.
We went to the ocean while we were there.
Surprise! haha
These snowy egrets fascinated me!
This is the sign at the carnival grounds where they hold the auction for the wild ponies.
We took a boat tour to the marsh lands to get close to the ponies and on the way we were privileged to see an eagle!
Somebody is getting a free ride!
Here is our boat that took us all the way around the island!
They freeze brand the mares so they can tell how old they are.
The number stands for the year they were born.
A fishing cabin.....
I don't think I could sleep a wink
there with the ocean all around me.
In town there is a statue of Misty,
the pony that made the island famous.
Hoped you LOVED seeing our pics from
Chincoteague Island!
What a fun trip!! Yes, I "LOVED" seeing the pictures from the island! They were all beautiful! What a bonus to see the majestic eagle!!
ReplyDelete~Kaitlyn
Looks like you had a great trip to see the ponies at Chincoteague. Great pictures!Like your chair Faith! Glad you got to go there. Grandma & Grandpa B.
ReplyDeleteSo fun. The photo of the little gray and white gull is a winner!
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures! Looks like a fun trip! I wanna go sometime :)
ReplyDelete