If you've never experienced the metamorphism of a caterpillar to a butterfly then you should try this in the summer months. It's simply an amazing miracle to watch it unfold.
God's nature is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking!
Here's my monarch miracle:
First of all, you want to look for these caterpillars on milkweed.
Milkweed is that broad leaf plant that when you break a stem, a milky white substance comes out. Monarch caterpillars love to feed on these plants.
Do you know that Monarchs migrate to Mexico every year?
It actually takes four generations of Monarchs to make it from Mexico all the way to Canada. When the end of summer arrives, the fourth generation in Canada fly all the way to Mexico!
This happens all in the same summer!
Munchin' on the Milkweed
There are four stages of a caterpillar: the butterfly lays the eggs on the milk week, the egg hatches out as a caterpillar, the caterpillar makes a cocoon, then comes out as a beautiful Monarch!
Right before they emerge from their cocoon, the cocoon becomes clear and you can see the butterfly inside.
"I've tried to praise Him of a morning. We been getting up about four o'clock, Brother Woods and I, going out early in the morning, to go squirrel hunting. I praise Him under every tree, I believe, I've come to. I can't see a tree, without praising Him. Think, He growed that tree. See a little old grasshopper fly up; He knows that grasshopper. "Oh," you say, "nonsense, Brother Bill." Oh, no, it isn't. He knows where every squirrel is.
He knows where every butterfly is."
57-0828 - Bro Branham
Beautiful pictures, Aunt Melissa!
ReplyDelete~Kaitlyn
Very interesting and informative post....I learned a lot! Loved the quote!
ReplyDeleteHow neat! I remember doing that when we were kids.. :)
ReplyDelete