Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow, Sunshine, and Smiles!

Even though it's tempting to sit in front of the wood stove all winter, time goes by faster if you keep busy, right?  Who says you can't go hiking in the winter?...(as long as you go before over 2 feet of snow happens) good food, fellowship with friends, catching up on some hobbies, and don't forget to squeeze in some winter workout!

One of our favorite places to hike that's close to our house.



Mountain Laurel everywhere!  Gotta go back when their bloomin...





We found an abandon well.....



 Laurisa came for a visit and made us some
Good Gumbo!


We actually got a wee little bit of snow while she was here....
we had no idea what was coming in a couple of weeks....



 Our chickens started laying.....


 Faith found a new friend...
she makes friends so easily.

Remember we're trying to make it through the winter....with smiles....and new hairdos!  This hairdo is guaranteed to keep your neck warm.  No need for scarves when ya got hair.

Trying my hand at a little woodburning.....


 THEN IT HAPPENED!....around 29 inches of snow......
oh dear!






There's that sunshine that makes you smile!






Checked on the chickens.....
snug as a bug in a rug

Queenie on the other hand is having quite a difficult time getting around in this snow.  It's her short legs you know.  So to keep up my winter workout I shoveled out a path.
While I was at it I shoveled a path from the wood shed so we could keep that fire burning good.

 


Shouldv'e got that thing out before the storm to try to get it to work.

Oh dear did Nathan's truck get buried?!

 Better get  that cleaned off!


Faith is the only one that's excited about the snow......

  This quote from Bro. Branham (62-0704) made me start smiling!  
"Think I act funny? Maybe I am. 
I've lost my mind to the world, and found it in Christ."
   

5 comments:

  1. That snow cuts out some work for everyone! But it sure does look beautiful in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wood burning is awesome!

    29" of snow! I don't think I've ever seen that much snow! That's crazy. I hope you all weren't stranded inside for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual--beautiful pics. I liked Faith's new hairdo...:-) The chicken house looks so cute w/ the snow on it. Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual--beautiful pics. I liked Faith's new hairdo...:-) The chicken house looks so cute w/ the snow on it. Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots & Lots of snow!!! Beautiful Pics. Never thot of keeping warm by braiding your hair together. :)
    The eggs look big! Bet the chickens wondered what was going on with the snow! Laurisa's Gumbo looked good. Dad & Mom B.

    ReplyDelete