John Muir sums it up pretty well when he said,
"the mountains are calling and I must go." He was a naturalist and an early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States.
So off to the mountains of Grand Canyon PA we go!
Come along with us!.....
"the mountains are calling and I must go." He was a naturalist and an early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States.
So off to the mountains of Grand Canyon PA we go!
Come along with us!.....
Two girls and a creek...you have to jump in and get wet!
Queenie would now like to demonstrate the "dog paddle".
(note: if you are viewing this on
mobile device it probably won't play)
(note: if you are viewing this on
mobile device it probably won't play)
Queenie says the water tasted yummy!
Our two adventurers decided to
find a "different" way back to the top!
One of my trusty walking sticks.....
"I love scenery. My, here some time ago I was hunting up in the mountains, not so much for the game, I was just up to get away.
I just love the mountains. My mother's a half Indian, and it's just enough about it I love the wilds and I can't get out of it. And so, I can see a sunset and cry like a baby."
54-0220 - Expectation-Bro. Branham
Awww! Looks to me like Queenie doesn't really like mountain creek water. Haha My, what lovely mountains. The air must be so nice and clean.
ReplyDeleteYou are right! She hates to be in the water! Faith made her get in and then after she came out she got loose from her harness. We thought we would never get her back! But thank the Lord she came running back!
DeleteVery nice. It looks so peaceful there. Azariah loves your walking stick. He says he needs one like that. haha. He's my hiker.
ReplyDeleteI have 4 of them. Billy gave them to me and I woodburned them.
DeleteBeautiful mountain pics! I loved the way Queenie "doggy paddles" :-) Aunt Carol
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful time in the mountains!! It looks so beautiful there! Queen looks like she was glad she could tag along ;) the supper looks yummy! I'm sure it smelled good cooking over the fire :)
ReplyDeleteWe missed you not being there Hannah. Remember all of our camping trips? Like how could you forget? haha the bear, the hail storm, ect. ect.
DeleteAnd I love your walking stick ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures of the mountains and all of you. Did you know that saying about the mountains calling and I must go, is one of my favorite sayings? I guess because I can identify with it. :) Looks like you all had a good time. Mom B.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful. Looked like fun. I can see why they call it the Grand Canyon. The shape looked familiar. That is one of my favorite sayings, The mountains are calling and I must go" we must be sisters.... ;) Im not checking this on my phone this time so it is easier to use your blog. {Ruth}
ReplyDelete