Thursday, November 13, 2014

Trying out the SmokeHouse


Fall Season is upon us again here at Eagles Nest.  Even though that means Winter is right around the corner, there is beauty all around us with the fall colors.  
With Fall comes the mood of smoking meat.  So Karl cleaned out the old smokehouse and I got to try it out for the first time.  I just did 3 pieces of chicken for the trial run.  It turned out great and I am now ready to smoke a turkey....or maybe some deer meat.









Instead of dreading the oncoming winter,  I've been trying to focus on the beautiful colors all around us here.  It's amazing the colors that God puts into each individual leaf.  


A pathway into the front yard.




Here is my darling dogwood that I brought with me from the farm.  It was a seedling under the other trees.  Even though the rabbits ate it last winter it has made a tremendous comeback!  This winter I plan on covering it and hiding it from the rabbits!




          "Did you ever notice a tree? It will put forth its leaf, and then it serves its time through the summer. Autumn comes. Way before the frost falls, that leaf begins to turn yellow, red, brown. After while it drops off the tree, falls down. Is that the end of it? No. What happens? The life that was in that leaf goes back to the root of the tree where it comes from. What does it do then? Spring of the year it brings forth with it, in a resurrection, a new leaf same life returning back with a new leaf.
And Christians are hanging on the Tree of Life. And when the life leaves this old sinful body, it goes back to the God that gives it, to come forth again with a new one, because it's serving a purpose." 
62-0319 Bro. Branham

Here is an experiment that I started with my rosemary plants.  I twisted a clothes hanger into a heart shape and hopefully I will end up with a rosemary topiary.

We have many things to be thankful for this year
at the
Eagles Nest!


6 comments:

  1. That chicken looks yummy! You'll have to smoke a turkey for thanksgiving :)
    Wow all the leaves look so pretty! I miss the fall colors!
    I Love the idea of a rosemary heart!! I'll have to try that!!
    Love ya!! Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed looking at the pictures. Such beautiful leaves! The chicken looked good! Love your quote and the wood burning heart with K & M and the Rosemary heart your starting. So glad you little dogwood did so well. Love, Dad & Mom


    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken looks great! Love the hydrangea photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you got those initials on the gate. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken looks delicious!!! Always enjoy your beautiful pictures & the quotes. Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of shaping rosemary and I even have one in my front yard. Thanks for the idea! (Love your blog, of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete