Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Arizona

I got on the 'wings of an Eagle' (American Eagle Airlines that is) and left our Eagle's Nest to visit my darling Hannah and (Jaylon, too).
  To put it all in a nut shell, (pecan shell), there were coyotes, baby shower, angle food cake, collecting pecans before the coyotes ate them all,  windy season starting  a dust storm, the Mexico border, eating out at the local restaurant called Sandys, and a unique visit to the grocery store. Plus an added bonus of visiting my sister  and getting to see her new baby. Come and join me with a visit to "the back side of the desert!"


See the brick house?  That's where Hannah and Jaylon live.  See the brown things in the green field?  That's tumbleweeds.  They were tumbling past continually while I was there.  Especially since the windy season started.


Getting ready for our daily walk.




 Hannah has her birdhouse in the tree that she made when she was in Keepers Club here in PA.


 The wind started up and here comes the dust!





Jaylon has the big responsibility of watching over the pivots on the farm.  They go round and around in a big circle all the time. The crops would dry up without them.


Here's a close up of a tumbleweed.

Say hello to Bandit, Hannah and Jaylon's dog.

The pecan trees were loaded!  A lot had fallen to the ground so I gathered me up some to bring home.  The coyotes love them too, and one night they were out there fighting and yipping.  Needless to say it was quite scary!
 You see they have an outer shell that comes off when they are ready.



The only place to go out to eat.  Really good home cooked food!


We stopped at the mailbox and Grandma Riley from Ky had sent a package to Hannah for the baby.  Awwww.

Then we went to the grocery store which is located right at the Mexican border.  

Anybody want pinto beans?  Scoop ya out some!



The spice aisle......



There were bins of dried things like chilies and cinnamon sticks.




Yucca roots anyone?




I got Faith a chicharrone and she loved it! 

How about some aloe vera?

What's a grocery store visit without a donut at the end?



Making sure we turned right!



Headin back to Sheep Trail....







The Strite girls did an amazing job giving Hannah a baby shower!  She received a lot of nice gifts!  Thank you!!



I've always made Hannah an angel food cake for her birthday, so while I was there I made her a belated one!

My sister's new baby, Katie.  She is so sweet!



A little entertaining by Ruth (my sister) and James her son.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures, Melissa. Good to see Hannah's smile. So glad you could go for a visit and for Hannah's Baby Shower. Wish I could have been there. Praying for Hannah and her baby boy and Jaylon too. :) Enjoyed Ruth and James song. Her little Katie is cute. Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures. Wish I could have been there. Glad you had a good time.Mom

    ReplyDelete