Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Some of our Summer

Can you believe summer is almost over?
Well, we've had quite a busy summer despite all the rain.
There's been several trips to Indiana and Kentucky, canoe trips, new chicks, a graduation, and much more.
So come along and see
'some of our summer'.


We  started our summer off with a canoe trip on the Swatara.







We see an eagle every time we go!



We got bantam chickens this year.


On one of our trips to Indiana,
 we took Faith to see Sis. Hope's grave.

Waiting in line for church at the YF building.


We did some sight seeing at the Ohio River....
we are sitting on the porch of George Rogers Clark's cabin.
This is where Lewis and Clark started their journey of the west.
That's where the town of Clarkesville got its name.


I need a piano in my flower garden.....

Faith got to camp out with her younger cousins in Jeff.

At Grandpa Riley's trying out his 3 wheeler....


My last student graduated this year.....



So much rain this year!



We got to take Faith to Still Waters camp this year.
What a blessing!

Hannah and Owen came to Faith's graduation party
and a quick visit.

On one of our trips to Indiana,
we took a tour of the Branham tabernacle.
This is in Bro. Branham's office that he would be in before
stepping out on the platform.

Faith got her driver's license at the beginning of the summer.

Do you see what I see?


I caught a fish on free fishing day.  Yay for me!
( It was the only fish we got)

I've been practicing my biscuit making skills....

A good ol' southern meal....

A summer visit with friends from Jeff.

We entered a few things in the local fair.
Here is my still life photo.
My brother's banjo.

Faith's lemon bars.....


I hung my ferns on an old single tree horse yoke
on our patio.


Tried my hand at planting succulents.... 


Tried a new plant for my garden this year.
Anybody want to guess at what this is?
;o)

While we were away...
the squirrels were at play.
They were trying to get into our birds' sunflower seeds
that we keep in this garbage can.

We had to saw off this branch along the driveway,
so I decided to write on it. :o)
Do you know what Jehovah Shammah means?

A cute little wren made a nest in my gourd birdhouse
that I have hanging on the patio.

I rescued this guy when he tried to cross the road
at our mailbox.



Here's a picture from many summers ago....
Enjoy each summer....they fade away quickly.


5 comments:

  1. Great recap! I love Faith's shirt! The biscuits look goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer! Some many wonderful memories. What kind of plant IS that, Melissa? Lark loves to feed the birds and we just had that same problem, so I bought him a medium-sized metal trashcan for his birdseed for our anniversary. I'm glad you got to see Hannah this summer! Chris W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing all the wonderful pictures. Dad & Mom B.

    ReplyDelete