Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Great Potato Famine

I guess it's my Irish background that I feel the need to plant potatoes every year..(and we all love to eat them).  Since I've downsized my garden, I decided to try something different with my potatoes this year when I planted.  I tried  "The Great Potato Tower."  Thus leading to the great potato famine here at Eagles Nest.  


 The idea was to plant in a circular wire cage and watch them grow.
When they are ready, you simply dump over the cage, and wow! potatoes lying at your feet!



Growing......



Lookin' good!

The unveiling.....

Really?!

The great potato famine is upon us...

You might think that's not too bad....but this is what I'm used to in a potato harvest.....


Never fear...if we get hungry for homemade french fries, we'll just go to the fair this week and get some really good fries.
Here's Faith and Lincoln cleaning those tators to make fries!



Best fries ever!

The Great Potato Famine in Ireland years ago brought many of our ancestors to this country.
We all know that Bro. Branham's ancestors
 migrated from Ireland, too.
"I come from a Catholic background, being an Irishman. My people before me (not father and mother, but the next generation) come from Dublin, Ireland....."
   62-0727 - We Would See Jesus
   Rev. William Marrion Branham
   http://table.branham.org

5 comments:

  1. wow...it sure looked like you were going to have a lot more.

    We still haven't planted potatoes. I guess maybe I'll try next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hard old-fashion way is always the best route

    ReplyDelete
  3. We planted some in an old tub on two occasions years ago. Our yield was just as pathetic. You sure had a lot of healthy leaves though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how we learn things - by trying. Even if we learn that they don't work. lol. It was so nice seeing you again, Melissa. I love your yard. Chris Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that was a disappointment! I'll send you some more pinto beans to have instead of potatoes ;)
    Oh my, those fair fries look Way too good!! I want some!! I think I need to come for the fair next year ;)

    ReplyDelete