We are sure enjoying summer and the outdoors here at Eagles Nest. Here are a few pictures that I have collected this month.
We picked cherries.......yum!
The best 'cherry picker' !
See the little red gate? I found it while digging in the flower beds. It was buried in the dirt about 4 or 5 inches. I painted it red. What a treasure!
We've been doing a lot of grilling and eating outside!
Oh my! It got really cool the one evening....so the only thing to do was build a fire and roast marshmallows!
We went hiking one Sunday and this wild flower caught my eye.
...and these mushrooms.
I was so excited to get an unusual visit from this bob-white quail!
You don't see them very often you just hear them saying...
bob, bob-white!
Sorry the pics are fuzzy...she wouldn't stand still for a picture.
Our cardinal family decided that today was the day to bring junior off the nest and show him where the food is kept.
Mama had to spoon feed him though!
This squirrel is trying his best to look like a bird, but I know better!
The roses bloomed!
I ate my first cucumber of the season! It was soooo good!
Practicing her softball skills....
Queenie is giving her some batting tips!
A peek into the past.....;o)
I love listening to the birds! This catbird is really giving a concert! They sound like a mockingbird.
"I go out to cut my grass in the yard, why, I turned my radio on, that's the nightingales, and mockingbirds, and all the birds singing. I—I think that's God's radio. The best I ever heard in my life, is to hear the birds."
60-0805 - Lamb And Dove
Rev. William Marrion Branham
http://table.branham.org
Nice post! Love the "peek into the past" pic! :)
ReplyDelete~Kaitlyn
I loved the post!! All your flowers look so pretty!! That little gate is cute!
ReplyDeleteI wanna come sit on the swing and roast marshmallows!! Loved the video, it looks and sounds like paradise there! :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Loved the little red gate
ReplyDeleteThe gate looks so nice! Saw it the before it was painted.
ReplyDeleteI am amazed how that bird babies seem bigger than the mommy and
daddy birds! Yes, Hannah, it is a little paradise. I don't go often, but,
sure enjoyed setting under the pergola and visiting with your Mom
and Faith on my day-off the other week.
I enjoyed all the pictures, Aunt Melissa! I love the rose with water drops on! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jonanna!
ReplyDeletewhoops! Joanna....sorry spelled your name wrong. haha
ReplyDeleteLove your patio-so inviting! A wonderful place to have Quiet Time! Aunt Carol
ReplyDeleteBeautiful patio, Melissa.
ReplyDelete