Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Truckin' and Hikin'

Since I hadn't been out in the truck with Karl all winter, I decided to come out of hibernation and go exploring in the feed truck.  We went on a night run and a Saturday run together.  Below are some pictures of what its like loading and unloading tons of animal feed.  
Sunday Faith and Queenie took us on a hike at Swatara Park.  If you've never been hiking there I recommend it!
Come on and go truckin' and hikin' with us!

Let's get loaded! There's 8 pockets to fill up in the truck.



There's lots of ingredients for a load of feed.  Each farm is different too....that's Nathan's job to mix up each farm's specialized feed.

Loaded....total weight.....72,220 pounds!

First stop!

Sometimes its unloaded in open bays...other times in closed bins.

Sometimes it needs help getting out.....
see the flashlight in his mouth?  

Next stop...Amish farm on the other side of this covered bridge....
well we can't fit through there so we had to go way around to the other side of  the woods and down the hill.....

On the other side!

This old barn had dutch doors and inside were work horses and dairy cows.









I walked down to the bridge and got some pictures from there.  
See the feed truck?
 Somebody has got their wood cut for the year.




Headin' back to the mill.....lancaster county....farmin' country!


We even went past Sight and Sound....no time to stop and see Moses....kept right on truckin'

Whew! made it back!  

Sunday afternoon...a good time to enjoy God's creation!
Swatara Park

What side of the tree does moss grow?
"Well, now, if you can't see this North Star, and it's cloudy, then if you'll notice, if it's daytime and you're lost, if you'll watch the trees. The tree is always, the moss is on the north side of the tree, because the south side of the tree gets the sun more than the north side." 
   62-1014E  Bro. Branham
    





Brace yourself!.....there's someone hiding behind the tree!


You could always use a hollow tree for a dog house Queenie!

So long!


2 comments:

  1. I Loved the blog post!! Looks like fun riding in the feed truck! Next time I come visit I'll have to go for a ride! :)
    The hike looked like fun!
    Love ya!
    Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Love the covered bridge.

    ReplyDelete