Here they are peckin out, I mean checkin out, the premises trying to decide if they want to spend the night.
Aren't they pretty?
They really liked Faith! Especially when she brought out some popcorn!
Doing some visitin'.....
Yeah, there I am feeding the critters....they didn't know I was thinking about smoked turkey......hehe
Soon as it got dusk, we heard a commotion out there; some thumping, sliding, flapping, and a few frantic gobbles. The turkeys were just finding a comfortable spot to sleep for the night. The perfect accommodations at the Eagles Nest.
So I went out the front door to take a picture of my star in the snow, and suddenly a bird flew out of my door wreath and brushed the side of my head as it flew away into the woods! Needless to say, I was pretty shook up!
So a few days... How I've watched them so many times. A few days before the nest-stirring time comes, the old mother eagle would get up there on the side of that nest. I've laid a many a day in the warm sunshine watching them and just cry like a baby. See that big mother eagle, they're large. The mother eagle's bigger than the father eagle. Some of their wings spread fourteen feet from tip to tip.
And she'll get up there; she'll strut around over that nest like that, and she'll go up to these little ones; she'll spread her great big wings and scream. And when she does, sometimes the little eagles will fall on their backs. She wants them to. That's what she wants them to do. Then they'll get up. And she'll scream. Why? She's training them to her voice.
"And My sheep know My voice." She wants them to know what it is when "screaming-time" comes. And she's screaming. Oh, my. "I want you to catch every note of my voice," she says. "Because there's a lot of scavengers. I want you to know you're eagles. And I want you to know eagle voice." Amen. Hallelujah. "I want you to know what a eagle sound is. And then she spreads her great wing, said, "Looky here, I'm fixing to give you your first solo flight. But first I want you to look how big I am."
Oh, how sweet it is. Maybe sometimes sickness knocks us on our back, maybe something else, when we can look up and take them two big Wings of Jehovah, the Old and New Testament, and say, "How great Thou art, how great Thou art, Lord." Bro. Branham 60-0403
Amazing! Those turkeys just made themselves at home, didn't they? Gobble Gobble. Thanks for the pictures. Very interesting! Dad & Mom B.
ReplyDeleteI see some turkey on a platter for your Christmas dinner!!!! :-) Aunt Carol
ReplyDelete